The Congregation is a formal and solemn occasion to celebrate your completion of studies at The Education University of Hong Kong successfully. It is, therefore, important to dress properly on the day of ceremony. The following is strongly recommended:
1. Dark Colour Clothing / Outfits
2. Suit / Jacket (if necessary)
3. Long-sleeved Shirt, Tie, Long Pants and Leather Shoes
1. Suit (with Pants / Dress)
2. Long-sleeved Blouse with Collars and Long Skirt / Long Pants and Jacket (if necessary)
3. Court Shoes
It is also recommended that you wear a button-down top or shirt which will enable you to attach the academic hood to your clothing without pins. If not, bring safety pins to help keep the gown and hood in place.
These are not allowed: sandals, athletic shoes, wellington / shearling boots,
T-shirts, jeans, shorts, camisole or clothing that is too sheer / thin.
Light make-up for lady graduands is ceremony-appropriate.