Doctor of Philosophy/ Doctor of Education/ Master of Philosophy/ Taught Master Degrees
Rental of Academic Dress
This is applicable to graduands of Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Education, Master of Philosophy and Taught Master Degrees programmes ONLY.
(If you are a graduand of Postgraduate Diploma in Education, Undergraduate Degrees, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes, please click here.)
All graduands of Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Education, Master of Philosophy and Taught Master Degrees programmes attending the Congregation are required to refer to the Dress Code and wear the full set of academic dress on-site including the correct Subject Discipline Colour of your programme/hood. Graduands not in full or incorrect academic dress or in wrong subject discipline colour will NOT be arranged to go on stage. Please refer to Subject Discipline Colour for the gown description and hood colour of your programme.
For rental of Academic Dress, you MUST perform online registration through the designated supplier, Victoria Uniform website starting from 9 September 2019. The academic dress collection period is between 20 October 2019 and 23 November 2019 (both dates inclusive), please refer to the website of Victoria Uniform for rental details.
|Designated Supplier:||Victoria Uniform（維多利校服公司）|
|Online Registration period:||9 September – 23 November 2019
(through Victoria Uniform website)
|Academic Dress collection period:||20 October – 23 November 2019
(collected from Victoria Uniform business outlets)
|Outlet Location:||Victoria Uniform Business Outlet|
|Phone No.:||3118 4396 or 3105 5009|
Graduands MUST visit the following website for information and reference before online registration for rental of Academic Dress:
- Designated colour of gown and hoods of your programme posted on the website; and
- Procedures for rental and return of academic dress provided by designated supplier, Victoria Uniform (ref: ‘Instructions on Online Gown Rental System’).
Graduands are required to enter the following University Code based on your degree award – log in for the rental of academic dress via Victoria Uniform website before collection of academic dress from their business outlets between 20 October – 23 November 2019.
|University Code||Degree Award (Programme Code)|
|EDUMA19||Master of Arts
(A1M046 A1M052 A1M054 C2M005 A1M057 C2M010 A1M061 A1M085 C2M007 A1M089 C2M021 A1M094 C2M013)
|EDUMED19||Master of Education / Master of Teaching
(A1M043 C2M001 A1M087 C2M019)
|EDUMSC19||Master of Science
|EDUEMA19||Executive Master of Arts /
International Executive Master of Arts
|EDUMSSCED19||Master of Social Science Education
|EDUMSSC19||Master of Social Sciences /
Master of Public Policy and Governance
(A1M083 C2M017 A1M082 A1M093 C2M026)
|EDUMPH19||Master of Philosophy
|EDUEDD19||Doctor of Education
|EDUPHD19||Doctor of Philosophy
Graduands of the aforesaid programmes who were admitted in 2017/18 and thereafter are required to pay both deposit and rental fee to the supplier when collecting the academic dress. Graduands of the aforesaid programmes who were admitted in 2016/17 and before are required to pay for deposit only.
Graduands MUST present the following documents for the collection of academic dress at the designated supplier, Victoria Uniform:
- Present the signed ‘Gown Rental & Deposit’ form in dual copies (i.e. one for graduand and one for the supplier) for collection and return of your academic dress. The ‘Gown Rental & Deposit’ form can be obtained right after completing the online academic dress order form (see ‘Instructions on Online Gown Rental System’ as mentioned above);
- Provide the TRUE copy of the Waiver of Rental Fee of Academic Dress Voucher* issued by the University (stamped with the University chop) for a waiver of the academic dress rental fee within the normal rental period (applicable to graduands admitted in 2016/17 and before only); and
*The voucher is enclosed with the Registrar’s Invitation Letter
- Full payment for deposit and/or rental fee is made in CASH only (in HK dollars). Please make sure you keep sufficient cash for such purpose.
Please refer to the table below for Deposit, Rental Fee & Penalty Charges:
|Item No.||FEE/CHARGES^||DEGREE AWARD|
|Master of Philosophy (MPhil)/
Doctor of Education (EdD)/
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
|1||Rental fee per set
(for the first 35 calendar days)
|2||Extension fee per set
(for 7 calendar days)
|3||Deposit per set
(same as the selling price per set)
EdD & PhD
Mortarboard & Tassel: HK$200
** A waiver of the academic dress rental fee within the normal rental period will be provided to graduands admitted in 2016/17 and before only, please present the TRUE copy of the Waiver of Rental Fee of Academic Dress Voucher (The voucher is enclosed with the Registrar’s Invitation Letter) issued by the University (stamped with the University chop) during the collection of academic dress from the business outlet of Victoria Uniform.
- The first rental period must be on a 35 days basis that will be counted from the date of academic dress pick-up.
- The extended rental period is counted on the basis of 7 days. If the actual extension is less than 7 days, the extension fee will still be charged for 7 days.
- Extension/damage fees, if any, will be deducted from the deposit.
- Academic Dress can be purchased at the supplier, Victoria Uniform's designated business outlets. Please place your order with the supplier, as necessary.
- A list of business outlets will be provided to graduands by the supplier for rental of the academic dress. Please make sure you collect your academic dress at the selected outlet of Victoria Uniform indicated in your online academic dress order form. You are strongly advised by the supplier to collect your academic dress within the selected period indicated in your online academic order form to avoid a long queue-up at the supplier outlet.